Sunday, November 1, 2009

Welcome to Hogwarts!!


First things first, Halloween is over and it's officially time to be ringing in the Christmas cheer! Decorations for the blessed season will be going up at our house withing the next two weeks so it's starting out here!
Secondly, I chopped my hair... in August, but the camera broke on our backpacking trip, so here is the hairdo debut!
And last the best of all the game, we experienced a most splendid Halloween celebration that I must share with all of you! Any Harry Potter fans here? If so, you may be rightly envious. The evening started when Tyrel and his fam and another couple drove to our house for some delicious dinner.Then we loaded up in the cars (leaving the darling trick-or-treaters to ring at an empty house. Sorry children!) and headed off to Hogwarts! One of the OB's at my work turns his property into the most magical experience, complete with Dumbledore, doe-shaped Patronus', and the Three Broomsticks! It's like Christmas morning for Harry's devoted fans, and kindest gesture of all? It's completely free!


The girls and Ben, entering Platform 9 and 3/4.


Enjoying a pumpkin juice at the Three Broomsticks


Luna Lovegood, Rita Skeeter, Prof. Dumbledore, Lucius Malfoy and Fleur Delacour posing with us. They were fabulous. Luna showed me how to get the nargles out of my head!


The sorting hat... Sadly I was put in Hufflepuff, which I'm sorry to say could be the worst one!



It's alright though because Mahala, dressed as a darling cow, joined me there!


Dobby. He was handing out golden snitches to all of Harry's admirers :)


Basically, if you are near O-town next Halloween, it's well worth the drive!

4 comments:

  1. Apparently,Reynolds blood is all for Hufflepuff! At least you're not Slytherin....look what married into your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW FUN IS THAT?! LOVE IT! I am so jealous!

    I love the haircut! You couldn't get any cuter...it would be even more unfair than it already is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might make me actually ENJOY halloween! Pretty sure we will be joining you next year!

    Your hair looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kelli those are some Harry Potter fans (you should see Steve's brother who wrote an edited ending to the 7th book with a better fight scene). Anyway cute Festive blog!

    ReplyDelete