Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Grand Gulch



Unreliable internet as well as a busy few weeks has kept me from posting. However, don't let the lack of post fool you into thinking we have been sitting on our rears staring into space! We finished finals up at Weber State last week, it feels fabulous! We are also trying to sell our house, and trying not to get our hopes up too high, lest there be no buyer. But just maybe! I mean, it's darling, who wouldn't want it?! And last yet certainly not least... We returned last week from our much anticipated backpacking trip to the Grand Gulch! Yes that's right, peeps... it was amazing! We joined with Ben's boss and a co-worker, Ben's sister and brother-in-law, and a few other kind people, and embarked on this wonderful adventure. We hiked through some beautiful scenery as well as Anasazi Ruins that are between 800 and 2000 years old. It was an incredibly awe-inspiring journey and we were so glad to see the legacy of those people.
Enjoy a few of our pics...


The beginning... we had no idea what we were in for...

Ben's sister and brother-in-law






These were amazing. We think the one on the left was of a pregnant person... there is a person inside the bigger person. And don't worry, the one on the right was the male...





Marking the start and finish points




36 miles later... We did it!! I was astonished!


8 comments:

  1. 36 miles?!!! Holy cow. I am impressed! When are we getting together for a bbq?? You guys can't move until we do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! That is a long hike! Pretty cool pictures for sure though. Where are you two moving to? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on finishing up at Weber!!! Does that mean that you are graduated done??? Where are you guys headed off to now? that looked like such a fun trip, (except I wouldn't want to be hikin with 100 pounds on my back) :) You two make such a cute couple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy cow! You are way more adventerous than I am! I'm not a big backpacker though! looked like you have agood time though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that you did this. Jake and I use to go on backpacking trips all the time, so take it in before you have those little kiddos. Love all the pics, this is a really cool place! My favorite EVER is southern utah, so so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I love the pictures! Good luck on your house selling and congrats on getting done with school/finals. I'm glad you could take a break, I'm sure you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids and their spouses are the cutest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. geez, look at you girl...36 miles, that's a lot of walking!

    where are you moving to...we need an update please.

    ReplyDelete