Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"You know you're in love when...

...you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss


Ben and I celebrated our second anniversary on July 18th. Crazy!!!! I can't believe how fast time has flown by! We celebrated by taking a 3 day weekend and driving up to Idaho for our niece's birthday party at the pool on the 17th. It was darn cute! Then we came home and played hard all day. We saw Harry Potter, of course, and yes I did love it, even though there are many haters out there. Then we shopped til we dropped and went out to eat. All in all a fabulous and leisurely day with my hubby.
Seriously though, I can hardly believe how fast the time has flown. Here are a few memories that still seem like yesterday...

The first date: Ben asked me to meet him in Salt Lake to go to a Demolition Derby in Coalville. I said yes and then bailed on him (brat, I know!) However, my sisters told me I was a jerk and told me I had to call him back and make the date. Good thing I listened to them!
The first "I love you":
Sitting on the awfully hideous gold couch in the basement that I rented with Taryn and Christie, Ben and I were watching a movie... We had been been dating about 3 1/2 months. I didn't hear what he said so I said "huh?" and he had to say it again. Of course leave it up to me to not hear those three most magical words!
The first kiss: Worst kiss EVER!! Ha ha. It was awful. Third date, he walked me to my door. I figured he wasn't going to do it, since he practically waited til the credits were rolling in the movie to hold my hand! I don't think he even knew if he was going to do it or not til the last second. Something about it, not sure what... but we both agreed it was our worst kiss ever, no contest.
The first Christmas: (After we were married) We were so broke! We'd been married 5 months and I had just barely found a job. We had a borrowed Christmas tree from my parents and I took ten dollars to the dollar store to buy decorations. When we woke up Christmas morning we opened the gifts we'd gotten each other and then wanted to make a special Christmas breakfast before going to his sister's house. However, upon inspection we discovered that we had no bread, no milk, and no eggs. So we drove to his parents to make some breakfast there. Mom told us to wait and just eat the big turkey meal his sister was preparing, so we drove down there. She wasn't home and the food wasn't started. By this time we were pretty hungry, but no stores are open on Christmas. So what did we do? That's right... we drove to the only open gas station and bought a hot dog!! In retrospect it makes for a great memory!


Life is beautiful, especially with this wonderful husband by my side! There's craziness and chaos and an abundance of happiness! I'm thankful everyday to be his wife!


In other news, we have spent the last few weeks camping with both sides of our family. Fabulous, of course! Pictures will be coming soon :)

8 comments:

  1. Haha! What great memories!! I'm so glad you blogged them, it'll be a great way to remember later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless! I love the memories, especially the Christmas Hot dog! Yuck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes....we want pics!!! but we ALSO want a little ben and kelli!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! remember when you were so sad cause the kids skipped your appartment during halloween? lol! sorry. :) it's already been two years?! crazy. i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, seriously you guys are the cutest EVER!! Happy day to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you 2 guys! I cant believe its been 2 years already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nice to hear your story! Amazing how little things develop into big things in our lives. Guess we should all take care of the little things. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best thing Ben has ever done. We love having you in the family. We just love you.

    ReplyDelete